Tuesday, February 1, 2011

By the way

Since I'm posting again, you should assume that my Quest for a New--By Which I Mean Four Year Old--Laptop Charger was successful. Dragons were slain, maidens rescued, Vietnamese words exchanged with actual Vietnamese people, and all the rest.

Honesty compels me to point out that Dave spoke most of the Vietnamese words. I did contribute 'hello,' 'thank you,' 'excuse me,' and '300,000 dong? Are you out of your goddamn mind?!?'

I do intend to go back to this market--three square blocks of every obsolete electronic device devised by humanity. This is where e-waste goes, people...once we in the USA have tossed it, it migrates back to its spawning ground to give birth to a new generation of frustrated consumers. The picture possibilities there are truly phenomenal--oh, and per that post about living Cryptonomicon? This is the scene where Avi describes Nerdvana to Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment